CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My first real sewing attempt for the girls!

Every morning, when I wake up, I put on my robe and have a cup of coffee. Many times this fall, Danya would wake up and ask me where HER robe was. This gave me the idea to make the girls matching robes as a Christmas gift. So, I went to the store and bought fuzzy pink fabric and a simple looking pattern. I then called my good friend Juanita and asked her to tutor me on sewing 101. I'd never made anything from a real pattern, so it was slow going, but the results were SO gratifying that I will definitely do it again. Here are the girls in their cozy robes. I tie Shea's in the back so that it stays on her. :)

They're my little housewives in training!!!

2 comments:

MyLifeWithTrent said...

I love your blog! The girls bathrobes turned out great- no small feat honey- and, well, gosh- I love you guys!

Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchen said...

Oh, these turned out so cute! You had told me about them but I hadn't seen them yet. So sweet!!