CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Time alone together

A Tradition in the Making


Josh and I's Christmas gift to each other this year was time. We haven't gotten to be alone together (just the two of us) for longer than a date night since Danya was born almost 3 years ago. So, we acquired highly reputable sitters (thanks Nana Jewell and Papa Dave!), hotel reservations at the Grove Hotel in Boise, and ran away for the weekend. We enjoyed the view from the 12th floor of the Grove Hotel and loved getting to hang out downtown with no schedule. We ate wonderful food (Big City Coffee\Brickoven Beanery\Lock Stock and Barrel), slept in, talked and talked and talked and really connected like we haven't in quite a while. I really do love this man - God's given me a giftin him that keeps on giving! Here's some picturesfrom the weekend that we too with my new camera...we're still learning how to take good pictures with it, but it's so much fun to use.

8 comments:

Sharad Yadav said...

You have a blog?!

Joann and KC said...

You four mean so much to us. Praise God for technology that allows us this ability to see into your world. It is NOT as good as hugs from little girls...but much,much better than nothing. We are very proud of your family. The robes, the tea parties...wow!
Love you to pieces,
Auntie Joann

Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchen said...

I'm so glad you got to getaway! Looks like you had fun!

mgaines said...

You are such a great mommy...i miss you...kindred spirit!

Anonymous said...

Hi Corey,

I was wondering how you are doing and almost called today....love the new blog posts! I'm sooo impressed with your sewing projects and wish we were closer to you and your sweet girls.

Caroline

Unknown said...

Oh girl, I bet you had the time of your lives! What a great gift to each other. Life has a way of sweeping us along. Love the picture from the Beanery (corny pots - gotta love 'em)!!! I praise the Lord with you for your marriage and family. SO happy for you!!!

Sara

Janelle Stollfus said...

Hey there girlfriend. I bounced over to your blog from Cathy's. What a great gift! I'll be checking back.

April Moffatt said...

I'm so happy you got to get away! Isn't it the best?
I miss you...would you like to have grown up date with me?